Hello everyone!! Welcome! So ... I had concocted this grand idea to start a blog. I feel that I don't keep up enough with people, so this is my sorry attempt. It actually feels rather arrogant to think that I could post my life up here and expect people to read it. But I'm going to give it a good college try.
The picture here is of Justin and I at the theater to see A Christmas Carol.
So it's hard to give an update because you all know pretty much whats going on. I live and work in Chicago. I've pretty much gotten used to it by now (the public transpo to work, walking everywhere, etc). The only thing is that it's sooo cold here. Today was supposed to be the coldest day in 10 years or something ... it was -10 degrees on my way to work. I wanted to cry waiting for the train ... my toes and legs were numb. Of course we have an event tonight, so I wore a dress to work, which didn't help any. Thank God for Amy (my co-worker) who gave me her old down coat because she got a new one. Or I'd be dead frozen on the sidewalk.
Overall, I'm doing just fine. Now that Justin's busy season has started, I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I can't complain. I have moved out of the rat house, my first apartment here. It was pretty gross there. We caught a mouse in my room and there was poop on my bed! Thats when I decided that I had to go. My new apartment is great. It's cheaper, in a great area and closer to Justin (walking distance, only about 3 blocks).
The only other update is Micka. For those who don't know, she got hit by a car last week and didn't make it. It completely broke my heart. I can't say that I've felt pain like that in quite a long time. I can't lie, I've always waited for that phone call. Micka was a bolter, once she was out, she was gone. But it's not the same as losing a 14 year old dog. When Sugar died, it was easier because it was more painful to watch her struggle while living. Micka was a blessing while I had her. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right? She is with God now and I will always miss her. Y
I need to get some new batteries for my camera so I can get some pics up on here for you to see.
So it's hard to give an update because you all know pretty much whats going on. I live and work in Chicago. I've pretty much gotten used to it by now (the public transpo to work, walking everywhere, etc). The only thing is that it's sooo cold here. Today was supposed to be the coldest day in 10 years or something ... it was -10 degrees on my way to work. I wanted to cry waiting for the train ... my toes and legs were numb. Of course we have an event tonight, so I wore a dress to work, which didn't help any. Thank God for Amy (my co-worker) who gave me her old down coat because she got a new one. Or I'd be dead frozen on the sidewalk.
Overall, I'm doing just fine. Now that Justin's busy season has started, I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I can't complain. I have moved out of the rat house, my first apartment here. It was pretty gross there. We caught a mouse in my room and there was poop on my bed! Thats when I decided that I had to go. My new apartment is great. It's cheaper, in a great area and closer to Justin (walking distance, only about 3 blocks).
The only other update is Micka. For those who don't know, she got hit by a car last week and didn't make it. It completely broke my heart. I can't say that I've felt pain like that in quite a long time. I can't lie, I've always waited for that phone call. Micka was a bolter, once she was out, she was gone. But it's not the same as losing a 14 year old dog. When Sugar died, it was easier because it was more painful to watch her struggle while living. Micka was a blessing while I had her. Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, right? She is with God now and I will always miss her. Y
I need to get some new batteries for my camera so I can get some pics up on here for you to see.

Hey Meg! I am glad to read about your life on a webpage... ha ha no but its really nice to hear how you are doing. I think a lot about you. Did you get your hair totally chopped off?? How are you doing with everything about Micka? Your dad? How's Mar at Temple? Do you have a car up in Chicago or is it best to just walk?
ReplyDeleteJosh and I are doing well. I am currently 35 weeks going on 36 weeks pregnant and could deliver within the next 4 weeks (hopefully at the most!). Everything has been going well, but I can begin to feel the toll on my body and ready for the baby to be out! Josh has just been teaching and such, playing lots of bball including coaching 7th graders. My job is great, I really enjoy what I am doing. I am in the midst of helping them develop a schedule to manage while I am gone for 12 weeks! Zoe is well, just turned 2 years old, calming down, but not quite enough yet ha ha. I have no concerns when the baby comes, she has a good natural sense.
Take care and best wishes!
Love ya!
Kristy