Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The People on the El Go Round and Round

So I'm on the El on my way home and I wanted to tell you about all these random people. They are so interesting, they all have a story.

I first started to notice them when I saw the guy next to me was reading a comic book. Then the awkward couple sitting together. They were talking a little bit, but mainly sitting in silence. The obese lady that some actually gets up so she can sit down. The guy with the hard plastic orange backpack that looks like a rocket pack. Like flames are going to come out of the bottom and he's going to fly the rest of the way home. The annoying lady on the phone talking about how she had hot dogs for dinner last night.

And here's a story. So I'm at work yesterday and we're talking about nationality and stuff. I start telling stories about what the old guys at the Cottage and how they would ask if I was Italian, Hispanic, Greek, Native American, etc. The one time a native american guy told me I should be an actress because I looked exotic and different (picture long dark hair). And my one co-worker says, "Yeah, there aren't many people with such dark hair and pale skin." EEEEK!! Has it gotten that bad?! I told myself I wouldn't go tanning, but I think I am going to start in spring time. I can't be pale!

It's so friggin cold out again! It actually sucks when it gets just a little bit warmer for a day or two. Because then the next cold day feels even colder. Ugh. Almost spring?! Eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment